WILLIAM W. SMITH, son of Henry W. and Permelia (Garr) Smith, was born in Jefferson County, Ky., August 10, 1841.
He was reared on a farm, and attended school during the winter months, devoting himself studiously to his books.
He attended the common schools until he was twenty years of age, when he attended the Kokomo Normal one term. In
1853, his father having purchased a large tract of land in Clay Township, Howard Co., Ind., he came with him to
the newly opened reserve. Mr. Smith was married December 22, 1863, to Sarah E. Spraker, of Rush County. They have
five children: Addison E., aged eighteen; Amelia, aged fifteen; Charles M., aged nine years; Omer J., aged seven,
and an infant. In 1864, he purchased a tract of land, and in 1872 bought the land he now owns. His farm now consists
of 240 acres of fine land, and lies a quarter of a mile west of Shiloh Church, in Clay Township. He is preparing
to erect an elegant brick residence and commodious out buildings. ile belongs to the Missionary Baptist Church,
and is identified with the National party.
Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana
Historical and Biographical
Charles Blanchard, Editor
F. A. Bettey & Co.
Howard County, IN
Names A to F
Names G to L
Names M to Z
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium