Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906
John S. Warner, of the firm of Warner Brothers, dealers in hardware, stoves, etc., of Leland, was born in Northville,
La Salle Co., Ill., Jan. 21, 1847, son of George Warner of England, who was brought to the United States when a
child, and early settied in La Salle County, Ill., now deceased. John S. Warner was educated and brought up in
Mendota, La Salle County. He has worked on the railroad for sixteen years, commencing on the Ohcago, Burlington
& Quincy as switchman, when he was twenty one years old. He was brakeman on a freight train, between Galesburg
and Aurora until 1870. He then went to Michigan, and was conductor on the freight and passenger trains for the
Northwestern Railroad Company for eleven years, but during this time he spent one year at Mendota, Ill., as yard
master for the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad. After he stopped working on the railroad he spent four
months at Escanaba, Mich., fishing. He then went to Minnesota, and was engaged as conductor on the St. Paul, Minneapolis
& Manitoba Railroad, where he remained two years. He came to Leland in March, 1885, and engaged in his present
business, and is doing a good trade. They keep a full line of stoves, tinware, kitchen furniture, cutlery and sporting
goods. In December, 1872, he was married to Frankie Blom, a daughter of William Blom, of Menominee, Mich. Two children
have been born to themó Harry D. and Claudie M.
History of La Salle County, Illinois
Inter-State Publishing Co.