Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906
Frank Dale was born Jan. 23, 1812, in Yorkshire, England. He was the son of David Dale, a native of England,
who came to the United States in 1819, settling in the wild woods of Luzerne County, Penn. Frank Dale came to Port
Huron, Mich., in 1834, and to De Kalb County, Ill., in 1836. He established the first store in Somonauk in 1857.
He came to Leland, Ill., in 1859, and engaged in the grain business, remaining there ten years. He then returned
to De Kalb County, remaining here seven years, and then came to Leland. Aug. 17, 1833, he married Maria Webster,
a daughter of John Webster. They were parents of eleven children, eight of whom are livingó Clara, Carolina, Mary,
Susan, Arthur H., John W., James F. and David M. Mrs. Dale died Aug. 21, 1872, and Mr. Dale was again married,
Dec. 7, 1873, to Mrs. Sarah E. Kiff, widow of Ira Kiff, and daughter of Joseph Whitson. She had four children by
her first husband, three still livingóJoseph, Jesse and Jennie. Mr. Dale owns 116 acres of laud here in Adams Township,
and Mrs. Dale owns seventy five acres in De Kalb County, Ill. Mr. Dale is Chairman of the Board of Village Trustees.
He is a member of the Methodist Protestant church in which he was ordained Deacon. He is President of the DeKalb
County Pioneer Association.
History of La Salle County, Illinois
Inter-State Publishing Co.