JOHN W. WILSON, farmer and horse dealer, was born in Palatine in 1841, son of Rev. Thomas end Mary A. Wilson,
who caine to Cook County in 1838, and located on the farm where Mr. Wilson now resides, two miles northwest of
Palatine. He owns 600 acres of land, and makes a business of handling horses, keeping en averege of about seventy
five head. He makes a specialty of coach horses end roadsters. The entire product of his farm is consumed on the
place; he keeps a large number of city boarding horses, summer and winter. His facilities for handling horses are
of the very best; his barns are fitted up with modern improvements, and with large and well ventilated stebles.
He has a fine half mile track for exercising his horses. He was married in 1861 to Miss Emily Staples, daughter
of Lyman and Mary Staples. They have lied three children, two now living - Ray and Bennie; L. T. died at the age
of twenty one.
History of Cook County, Illinois
From the earliest period to the present time.
BY: A. T. Andreas
A. T. Andreas, Publisher
Names A to B
Names C to G
Names H to M
Names N to Z
Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906