JAMES WILSON, farmer and nurseryman, was born in Schenectady County, N. Y., in 1820, son of Andrew and Jane
Wilson. He came to Illinois in 1839. and was for a short time engaged on the canal. He then located on a farm in
Palatine Township. After making his claim and some improvements, he was obliged to seek employment to get money
to open his farm, and during his absence his claim was jumped. He spent four years in the lead mines at Galena.
and on his return bought in Section 14, Township 42. Range 10. on which he lived for twenty five years. He sold
it in 1865, and moved to the village, where he has since resided. He owns a fine residence and sixty six acres
of land in the corporation, and ten acres adjoining the corporation, and has seven acres surrounding his residence
set in fruit and shrubbery. His residence is located at the head of Bothwehl Street. He owns two lots at Chicago,
two at Desplaines and two at Washington Heights. He was married, in 1845, to Miss Sophie Fulkerson. who died in
1875. He was married in the fell of the same year to Mrs. Libbie E. Whitman. They lied two children - Rollin, born
September 15, 1870, end died January 27, 1879; and Libbie J., horn December 27. 1889. Mrs. Wilson died in June,
1883. Mr. Wilson is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Chnrch, of which he is trustee end steward. He was Trustee
for Palatine for three years.
History of Cook County, Illinois
From the earliest period to the present time.
BY: A. T. Andreas
A. T. Andreas, Publisher
Names A to B
Names C to G
Names H to M
Names N to Z
Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906