DAVID JOHNSON was horn in Scotland in 1808, son of David and Susan Johnson. He came to America in 1851, and
alter a residence of ono year in New Jersey came to Chicago, where he reioained ono year. In 1853 he located in
Arlington Heights. and in company with David Peter built an elevator, and engaged in the grain and lumber business
under the firm name of Johnson & Peter, which business they followed from 1861 to 1871, when they sold to C.
Geils and from that time he has heen employed by Mr. Geils as forman in the same business. His wife died in 1866.
He was married in 1867 to Mrs. Mary A. Burgitt. Mrs. Mary A. Johnson was born in England in 1818, danghter of Garnado
and Sarah Pigott. She was married in 1840 to Richard Berkitt. They came to America in 1845, and after a residence
of one year in Ohio located, in 1846. on a farm adjoining the present village of Arlington Heights, where they
resided until the death of Mr. Barkitt, which occurred in 1864. They had seven children, four now living - Sarah,
William, John and Lorenzo.
History of Cook County, Illinois
From the earliest period to the present time.
BY: A. T. Andreas
A. T. Andreas, Publisher
Names A to B
Names C to G
Names H to M
Names N to Z
Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906