G. W. CARPENTER, grocer, was born in Sharon. Windsor County. Vt., July 10, 1819. From the age of seventeen he
worked at the carpenter's trade at Hanover, N. H., and in 1840, then being only twenty one years of age, engaged
in contracting and building. In 1842, he went to Ohio, where he remained up to 1844, when he went to Wisconsin.
There he lived up to 1868, engaged for four years of the time in Kenosha at his trade, and the balance of the time
farming in Bristol. Kenosha County. In 1870, he came to Palatine, Cook County, where he resided up to 1872, when
he moved to Rogers Park and engaged in building and contracting. June, 1879. he opened his present grocery. He
has been one of the Trustees of the village of Rogers Park and also trustee and steward of the Methodist Episcopal
Church. He was married to Miss Nancy Hall, of Hanover, N. H. They have seven children — Clara E. (now Mrs. James
Shumway, of Bristol, Wis), Sarah J. (now Mrs. C. S Bronson, of Kenosha), Serena F., Daniel S., Don O., George H.
and Minnie O.
History of Cook County, Illinois
From the earliest period to the present time.
BY: A. T. Andreas
A. T. Andreas, Publisher
Names A to B
Names C to G
Names H to M
Names N to Z
Also see [ Railway Officials in America 1906