Percy, Iowa
Marion County, IA





PERCY
In the eastern part of Perry Township, about a mile north of the Des Moines River, is a station on the Wabash Railroad called Percy. The town was surveyed by T. E. House, for the Union Land Company on April 4, 1882. Of the ninety four lots in the original survey, eleven lay south of the railroad, and eighty three were on the north side. On October 30, 1884, a portion of the plat was vacated upon petition of Christopher Wagner, owner of the land. Percy has never attained the prominence hoped for by its founders. The population does not exceed 100, and a general store is the principal business enterprise. A bank was opened in the town in 1891, but it has recently passed out of existence.

From:
History of Marion County, Iowa
And its People
John W. Wright, Supervising Editor
W. A. Young, Associate
Vol II
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Chiago 1915


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies


Also see -Towns and villages with links
City of Knoxville
City of Pella

NAVIGATION

Marion County, IA
Biographies

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012