Flagler, Iowa
Marion County, IA





FLAGLER
In May, 1877, the Union Coal and Mining Company laid out, on lands owned by the company, the town of Flagler, in the southwest quarter of section 2, township 75, range 19. Since then Booth's, Conwell's and Stevens' additions have been made to the original plat. Flagler is a station on the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad, five miles east of Knoxville, and according to Polk's Iowa Gazetteer had a population of 200 in 1914. It has a well stocked general store, a postoffice, and express office, telephone connections, a public school employing three teachers, a Methodist Episcopal Church, and ships considerable quantities of coal and farm products.

From:
History of Marion County, Iowa
And its People
John W. Wright, Supervising Editor
W. A. Young, Associate
Vol II
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Chiago 1915


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies


Also see -Towns and villages with links
City of Knoxville
City of Pella

NAVIGATION

Marion County, IA
Biographies

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012