Dunreath, Iowa
Marion County, IA





DUNREATH
The Town of Dunreath, located in the northwest corner of section 27, township 77, range zo, in the southern part of Red Rock Township, was laid out on November 17, 1881, by the Union Land Company, of which J. S. Polk was president and John S. Runnels, secretary. Beginning at the north side, the three streets running east and west are Lincoln, Blaine and Garfield. The north and south streets, beginning on the east, are Beersheba, Harris, McCrary, Dillon, Mason, Reed and Dan. The original plat shows 228 lots and two large outlots on the north side of the Wabash Railroad, and four out lots on the south side. Polk's Gazetteer for 1914 gives the population as 200. Dunreath has a general store, telegraph and express offices, a public school, telephone connections, etc., but has no postoffice, mail being delivered by rural carrier from the office at Cordova.

From:
History of Marion County, Iowa
And its People
John W. Wright, Supervising Editor
W. A. Young, Associate
Vol II
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Chiago 1915


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies


Also see -Towns and villages with links
City of Knoxville
City of Pella

NAVIGATION

Marion County, IA
Biographies

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012