Cordova, Iowa
Marion County, IA





CORDOVA
This is a small station on the Wabash Railroad in the southwestern part of Summit Township, about a mile east of the Town of Red Rock. It was surveyed by N. J. Watkins on December 16, 1887, for Ellison R. and Nancy T. Wright, and the plat was filed with the county recorder on the 25th of the following May. Four streets - Hickory, Black Oak, Walnut and West - run north and south, and Maple and Locust streets run east and west. The original plat shows twenty eight lots. Cordova has never grown to any considerable proportions. It has a general store, a postoffice, a grain elevator and a few residences and does some shipping.

From:
History of Marion County, Iowa
And its People
John W. Wright, Supervising Editor
W. A. Young, Associate
Vol II
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Chiago 1915


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies


Also see -Towns and villages with links
City of Knoxville
City of Pella

NAVIGATION

Marion County, IA
Biographies

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012