Located in the northwest quarter of section 29, township 75, range 21, is the little village of Caloma. It is about
fifteen miles southwest of Knoxville and only one mile from the Warren County line. A postoffice was established
here in 1857, with Daniel F. Smith as the first postmaster. No official plat of Caloma can be found in the public
records. Since the introduction of the free rural delivery system the postoffice at Caloma has been discontinued
and mail is now carried from Lacona, Warren County. It has a general store and is a trading point for the neighborhood.
White Breast, on the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, and Lacona, on the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy, are
the most convenient railroad stations.
History of Marion County, Iowa
And its People
John W. Wright, Supervising Editor
W. A. Young, Associate
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Also see -Towns and villages with links
City of Knoxville
City of Pella
Marion County, IA
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium