THE GUARANTY BANK.
The banks of Knoxville are ably managed and possess the confidence of the community and the Guaranty Bank receives
a gratifying share of the banking business transacted in the city. Its doors were opened on the 1st of October,
1909, and its first administrative officers were George W. Crozier, president; Thomas Nace, vice president; N.
F. Miller, cashier; and R. C. Nace, assistant cashier. It was at that time located one door west of the postoffice,
but is now housed in its new building on the west side of the square on Main street. The structure was finished
on New Year's Day, 1914, and is modern in all respects. It has a handsome front and the equipment for banking is
one of the best in Knoxville. The banking room is lighted by skylights and the vault is the finest and most secure
in the county. The upper floor is given up to offices. It is a private institution owned by a copartnership of
twenty six responsible and representative men. It offers its depositors ample security and in the past year the
total sum of deposits subject to check has almost doubled. The officials at the present time (1915) are Geo. W.
Crozier, president; Thomas Nace, vice president; E. R. Jordan, cashier; and Roy Walker, assistant cashier. Its
policy is a progressive one and its continued prosperity and growth is assured.
History of Marion County, Iowa
And its People
John W. Wright, Supervising Editor
W. A. Young, Associate
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Marion County, IA
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium