The Citizens National Bank of Pella was organized in January, 1906, with L. Kruidenier as president; B. H. Van
Spanckeren, Jr., as cashier; and H. D. Wormhoudt as vice president. The capital stock was twenty five thousand
dollars and the institution purchased a building situated at the corner of Franklin and Main streets and remodeled
it. It has three stories, the first being used by the bank. the second being given over to offices, while the third
is devoted to lodge rooms. The bank is capitalized the same as at its organization and has a surplus of five thousand
dollars, while the deposits total one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. The present officers are: H. D.
Wormhoudt, president; J. S. Rhynsburger, vice president; and B. H. Van Spanckeren, Jr., cashier.
The bank has prospered steadily in the eight years in which it has been opened for business and has completely
gained the confidence of the public as its policy has always been to make the safety of its deposits the first
consideration and the earning of dividends secondary in importance. However, due to the excellent business ability
of its officers the institution has been a success from the point of dividends declared and its stock has advanced
in price. It has correspondents in all of the leading cities and is able to give its depositors and the business
men of Pella all of the services of a modern bank.
History of Marion County, Iowa
And its People
John W. Wright, Supervising Editor
W. A. Young, Associate
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Marion County, IA
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium