ARLINGTON SUPPLY COMPANY
The Arlington Supply Company Department Store of Arlington was established in 1901 by John T. Crimmins, the present
head of the business, commencing with a small capital as successor to the oldest business establishment in Arlington.
In 1904 the business was moved to the present location. The commodious brick building owned by the company has
been enlarged from time to time until at the present time the floor space used has increased to 15,840 square feet.
The officers of the company are John T. Crimmins, president, and F. E. Unholz, vice president. Mr. Crimmins, the
founder of the business, came to Arlington from Iowa in 1901: Since twenty one years of age he has been engaged
in the retail business, except about six years which were occupied in the wholesale business as a traveling salesman.
He is at this writing on the sunny side of forty and expects by close application to his business and liberal treatment
of the patrons of his store to achieve greater success in the future than has been attained in the past.
F. E. Unholz joined the business early in 1912. He is also a young man, who has thoroughly learned the retail business
through having operated stores in eastern states before coming to California. With the addition of the energy and
capital of Mr. Hnholz to the business, this popular store will be better equipped than ever before to give to their
patrons the most satisfactory service.
History of Riverside County, California
With a Biographical Review
History by Elmer Wallace Holmes
And other well known writers
Historic Record Company
Los Angeles, California 1912
Riverside County, CA
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium