PHILIP E. KELLEY.
Philip E. Kelley, town trustee of Calistoga, Napa county, is a native of Sonoma county and was born on the 25th
of May, 1882, a son of Timothy and Mary (Murray) Kelley, the former of whom was a native of Ireland and the latter
of St. John, New Brunswick. Timothy Kelley came to California in the '60s, and in 1890 he brought his family to
Napa county. He was the father of five children, namely: Mrs. Kllett, Philip E., J. C., Mrs. E. H. Kimball, of
Sacramento, and D. W., also of Sacramento.
Philip E. Kelley received his education in the public schools of Calistoga, and his first employment was on the
Butler ranch, where he worked until 1906, when he and his brother, J. C., opened a livery stable in Calistoga,
occupying the old Foss stable, one of the landmarks of that place, and they also engaged in teaming. In partnership
with his brother Philip E. Kelley, likewise operated the Holje ranch, comprising fifty acres of vineyard. He sold
his interest in the livery business in 1917, and he is now engaged in the rock and sand business in Sacramento,
under the name of the Sacramento Rock & Sand Company. He also represents the Earl Fruit Company in Calistoga.
He is a member of the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks and the Native Sons of the Golden West. Mr. Kelley was
married to Miss Lillus A. Greene, a native of Yolo county, California, and they have a daughter, Phyllis, who is
sixteen years of age.
History of Solano County, California
BY: Marguerite Hune
Napa County, California
BY: Harry Lawrence Gunn
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Napa County, CA
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium