Frank Gaggero, a leading cement contractor of Napa, was born in Genoa, Italy, on the 16th of September, 1880. He
secured his education in the public schools of his native land and there learned the trade of a stone mason, at
which he worked in Italy and in France. In 1903 he immigrated to the United States, coming direct to Napa, where
he secured work as a. section hand on the Southern Pacific railroad. After continuing thus employed for about six
months he went to work for J. N. Whitmore, contractor, and was subsequently made foreman. Mr. Whitmore died in
1910 and Mr. Gaggero took over the business, which he has conducted continuously since and in which he has been
very successful, having performed a great part of the cement work in this locality. He has constructed fully two
thirds of the cement sidewalks laid in Napa in the last twenty years and has done the cement work on many of the
important structures built here during that period, including the Johnson and Carbone garages, the Napa Hall of
Records, the Methodist church and the new manual training building of the Napa high school, as well as bridges
for the county and much street work for the city of Napa. He keeps a number of men employed and has built up his
business through his sound methods, honest work and close observance of the highest business ethics.
Mr. Gaggero is a member of the order of Druids and of the Italian Benevolent Society. He was married to Miss Nina
Pecio, who also is a native of Italy, and they are the parents of two daughters, Mrs. Ray Imboden and Katie.
History of Solano County, California
BY: Marguerite Hune
Napa County, California
BY: Harry Lawrence Gunn
The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co.
Napa County, CA
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium