Biography of John R. Henry
Sanel Township, Mendocino County, CA Biographies





John R. Henry. Born in Williamson county, Illinois, November 23, 1838. When he was ten years of age, he, with parents, moved to Shelby county, Tennessee, where they resided about eighteen months; then moved to Missouri, where they resided until 1854, when they crossed the plains to California, and settled in Shasta county. Here they engaged in hotel keeping and mining about two years; they then moved into Sonoma county, and settled in Analy township. After residing there about one year, John It. rented land which he worked on his Own account for one year. He then worked in the redwoods one year, and in 1859 he again joined his parents and came to Mendocino county, and helped his father build what is known as the Half way House, on the road between Ukiah and Hopland. He then returned to Sonoma county, where he spent the winter, and in March, 1860, again came to this county and resided with his parents until 1862, when he went to Oregon, and mined until 1865. He then returned to this county, and settled on his present place, consisting of six hundred and twenty acres, located about eight milessouth from Ukiah. Mr. Henry married, November 15, 1866, Miss Sarah C. Emerson, who died July 7, 1875, leaving three living children, Luella, William E., and Dena C.; they lost one, John Ft. He married again on September 24, 1876, Miss L. M. McClure, by which union they have one child, Ida E.

From:
History of Mendocino County, California
Alley, Bowen & Co., Publishers
San Francisco, California 1880


Privacy Policy for OnlineBiographies

NAVIGATION

Mendocino County, CA
Biographies

Online
Biographies

New York
Histories

New York
Biographies

Maine
Histories

Pennsylvania
Histories

Pennsylvania
Biographies

For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium

Family Tree Maker 2012