THE PRESCOTT NATIONAL BANK was organized and obtained its charter from the national government on January 25th,
1893, having a paid in capital of $100,000.00. F. M. Murphy was elected president, Morris
Goldwater, vice president, and R. C. Woodruff, cashier.
On January 25th, 1913, an extension of its charter for another period of twenty years was granted by the Comptroller
of the Currency. The present board of directors is composed of F. M. Murphy, M. Goldwater, F. G. Brecht, James
A. Home, H. A. Cheverton and R. N. Fredericks. The
officers of the bank are composed of the following: R. N. Fredericks, president; M. Goldwater, first vice president;
F. G. Brecht, second vice president; H. A. Cheverton, cashier; L. C. Derrick and P. H. Deming, assistant cashiers. Of the original organizers and members of the first
board of directors, three gentlemen are now on the present board, namely, F. M. Murphy,
Morris Goldwater and R. N. Fredericks.
The Prescott National Bank, by its progressive, vet prudent and conservative methods, has been a large factor in
the upbuilding of Prescott and surrounding country. The individual members of the board of directors are men known
for their activity in the development of the resources of this section, particularly in railroading, mining and
commercial pursuits, and it is due to their efforts that the Prescott National Bank is now one of the strongest
national banks in this state.
To the original capital of $100,000.00 it has added a surplus fund of $100,000.00 and undivided profits of $110,000.00,
which assures its directors that all funds entrusted to its care are in absolutely safe and reliable hands and
has won for the bank the confidence of its customers.
The Prescott National Bank owns its solid and substantial banking house, one of the finest in Arizona, which is
thoroughly equipped with fire and burglar proof vaults, safe deposit department and all modern conveniences, so
necessary to the careful handling of its large and constantly growing business.
Who's Who in Arizona
Compiled and Published by Jo Conners
Press of The Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona 1913
For all your genealogy needs visit Linkpendium